So, some members of the COSI’ group got together and decided to share some words of wisdom on travel to Italy. Who better to give the inside scoop than those who’ve been on the receiving side of the summer stranieri (foreigner) takeover year after year?
I kept it short and sweet with mine:
1. Cross the street with confidence: Roman drivers can smell fear.
2. Embrace the bidet (yes, you heard me).
3. Dress the part – but don’t overdo it, for god’s sake.
4. Take advantage of the free, fresh water flowing out of Roman fountains.
5. Good wine and great food makes it all even more beautiful – so eat and drink as much as possible!